Tuesday, April 18, 2017

It's over

Well.. I had my D&C on Friday.  I was so worried about it beforehand.  I've had to have a few surgeries before and have never been as nervous as I was for this one.  I think it was just because I had no idea what to expect.  Honestly, I never even heard of a D&C until a few months ago when someone else I know had to have one.  When I found out the baby was gone, I initially told my doctor that I wanted to miscarry naturally, even though she advised against it due to the fact that I had no bleeding or cramping and the baby was measuring 8 weeks.  She said that she was worried that I would end up bleeding too much and need an emergency D&C.  After doing some research, I decided that the surgery would be the easiest option on my body and my mind.  I have to say, I am SO happy with my decision.  I can't imagine passing our baby on my own into the toilet.  Not only that, but at almost 11 weeks, my body still hadn't recognized that the baby was gone.  Who knows how much longer it would have taken for me to start miscarrying naturally.

Anyway, this will be my last post about my miscarriage.  I don't want to dwell on it anymore.  In a few days (once I stop bleeding and the bloat goes away), I will start working out again and posting my workouts.  I'm also going to be revamping my website this weekend and adding a section for my DIY house projects.  Stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment