Sunday, April 2, 2017

9 weeks, 2 days

I took off yesterday because I felt like straight garbage.  I did go for a 2.5 mile walk with my husband and dogs, but that was about it for my workout.

I went to bed early and woke up feeling GREAT today.  Still a little stuffy, but fine otherwise.  This is the first time in a few weeks I've felt like I had energy again.  I went grocery shopping, did a bunch of laundry, cleaned the house, AND went to the gym.  Today made me realize just how tired this pregnancy has made me.  It's so crazy what a change in hormones can do!

Anyway, here's today's workout-

Lifting:

Deadlift: Deadlift (110 lbs) 2x12
Quads: Leg press (90 lbs) 2x17
Quads: DB walking lunge (25 lb DBs) 2x20
Hamstrings: Seated leg curl (40 lbs) 2x13
Vertical push: Standing DB shoulder press (15 lb DBs) 2x14
Vertical pull: Narrow grip pulldown (60 lbs) 2x12
Rear/medial delts: Cable upright row (60 lbs) 2x12

I'd also like to note that I decided to take out most ab movements a little earlier than I had originally planned.  I thought I would be phasing them out closer to 12-13 weeks.  However, for the past 1-2 weeks, I've been noticing some weird pulling feelings on my sides.  It seems like it's one of the ligaments that attach from my pelvis to my ribs.  I'm sure it's normal, but since I feel it, I decided to play it safe.  I will be substituting ab movements with plank-type movements from now on.  Always important to listen to your body and do what you're comfortable with!!

No comments:

Post a Comment