Thursday, March 16, 2017

6 weeks, 6 days

I would love to say I made it to the gym today, but that just didn't happen.  I am TIRED this week.  I know working out would probably help and give me a little more energy, but I am just riding the struggle bus today.  I can't get myself up off the couch.

Sooo I thought I'd just share some useful information instead.  There is a lot of different information about what is safe and what isn't during pregnancy, especially when it comes to working out the abdominals.  I plan on keeping most of my ab workouts pretty much the same as what I did pre-pregnancy until the end of my first trimester.  However, I know some moms don't feel comfortable with this and cut them out a lot early.

The bottom line is, strong abs support proper posture, which can decrease the amount of strain on your lower back during pregnancy, and will help you to recover more quickly after birth.  If you don't feel comfortable doing the normal ab workouts (crunches, sit-ups, etc.), what else is there to do??

I did a little researching and this website has a lot of good information.  Not only does it give examples of pregnancy-safe abdominal movements, but it also discusses diastasis recti and explains how to check for it (so you know when it's time to avoid certain movements that could make it worse).  Obviously, if have any concerns, always discuss with your medical professional and listen to their guidance.  They know your specific situation better than anyone on the internet and can help you to do what is best for you and your baby.  I just believe it's important to be as informed as possible.  :)

New workout coming Saturday morning!  (7 weeks!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment