Saturday, March 25, 2017

8 weeks

I actually made it to the gym today!  It's a miracle!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I'm going to be honest- I definitely thought it was going to be easier to workout during the first trimester.  I thought I would maybe have modify a few things and that would be it.  I wasn't prepared for the fatigue.  Although, I don't really know if I would call what I am experiencing "fatigue" because, honestly, I'm not really that tired.  I've never been one to nap, and I haven't needed to this entire time.  I'm not tired.  I'd call this pregnancy symptom "laziness" instead.  My body just doesn't want to get up and do what my mind is telling it to.  Also, when I do workout, I feel like I've gained 50 lbs and get out of breath as soon as I start.  I've been told I'll get my energy back in the second trimester.  Regardless, I'll keep pushing myself to make sure that I stay as healthy and active as possible throughout.

Warm up:

500 m row (easy pace)

Lifting:

Horizontal push: Push ups 2x11
Vertical push: Inclined DB press 2x10 (25 lb DBs)
Tricep: Barbell seated tricep extension 2x10 (25 lb barbell)
Horizontal pull: 1-arm dumbbell row 2x13 (25 lb DB)
Rear/medial delts: Barbell upright row 2x12 (45 lb barbell)
Hamstrings: Lying leg curl 2x12 (50 lb)
Quads: High bar squat 2x11 (110lb)
Abs: 1 min plank hold x3 with 1 min rest in between

No comments:

Post a Comment