Saturday, March 18, 2017

7 weeks

Oh, man.  Getting myself to the gym today was not easy.  The fatigue has been real this week and I've also been dealing with bouts of intermittent nausea/queasiness.  Thankfully, nothing worse than that, but it definitely adds to my lack of desire to go workout even more.

Anyway, today I restarted my 19 week lifting templates.  It is 3 days a week and includes both upper and lower body work.  I don't control the number of sets; I just pick the movement, put my 10 rep max into the provided box, and the file calculates my weights/set/rep scheme each day.

Since I know I'm pregnant this time around, I lowered my 10 rep max on a few movements, just to be safe.  The weights I will be using are generally anywhere from 50-80% of my maxes and I am totally not against lowering the weights even more if I'm just not feeling it that day.  As I said before, my plan is to do what I'm comfortable with and what my body tells me is okay.  I am also taking my time between sets and making sure I keep my heart rate under control.

Today's workout:

Warm up-

500 m easy row
10 m inch worm forward (with 10 sec hold in plank)
10 m inch worm backward (with 10 sec hold in plank and hamstring stretch)

Lifting-

Deadlift: Deadlift (105 lbs) 2x10
Quads: Leg press (90 lbs) 2x10
Quads: DB walking lunge (25 lb DBs) 2x20
Hamstrings: Seated leg curl (40 lbs) 2x12
Vertical push: Standing DB shoulder press (15 lb DBs) 2x12
Vertical pull: Narrow grip pull down (35 lbs) 2x12
Rear/medial delts: Cable upright row (50 lbs) 2x12
Abs: Hanging knee raise 3x10

No comments:

Post a Comment