Monday, March 20, 2017

7 weeks, 3 days

Home WOD today!

I decided to try out my husband's stationary bike for a warm up.  I cranked the resistance up and set the timer for 5 minutes.  I haven't biked in a while and WOW will I be doing that once it gets warm out!  I forgot what a good cardio workout it is.

Anyway, today's workout was pretty short, sweet, and to the point:

Warm up

5 minutes stationary bike at high resistance <--- (You could also substitute with rowing, assault bike, etc.)

WOD

15 minute AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)

5 burpees
10 air squats
5 burpees
10 butterfly sit-ups
5 burpees
10 lunges (5 each leg)

I got through 6 rounds + 3 burpees.  I did step back/forward burpees with a push up instead of jumping so that I could control the push up portion more and protect the belly.  Not that there's a bump to protect right now- I just don't really want to throw myself on the floor like I would have done pre-pregnancy.   Eventually, I will remove the push up portion or do an inclined push up instead of touching my chest to the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment