Sunday, May 7, 2017

Sunday Mash Up

Today, I decided to do a CrossFit style workout.

The warm up is to get your body ready for the movements in the workout.  It's intentionally slow and, honestly, a little boring, haha.  If you feel like you need more, feel free to extend it out to 15 or even 20 minutes.  You could even add more weight if you wanted.  The main goal is to keep your form the entire time.

The workout itself took me about 14:15.  I do most of my gym workouts at my local gym, which has a very small "X-Fit" section (turf, rubber plates, a rig, etc.).  However, the only time I really needed extra space for this workout was for the walking lunges, so it's totally doable at ANY gym.  If you don't have the room for walking lunges, you could also just do alternating overhead lunges without the walking.  Also, I did hang power cleans, but you could change it to be regular power cleans, if you'd like, for a little extra challenge.  Overall, it was a great, full body burner and I was definitely out of breath at the end!  Enjoy!

Warm up:

10 min EMOM (every minute on the minute)-

1 power clean
1 push press
1 front squat
1 thruster

Minutes 1-5 with just barbell (45 lbs), minutes 6-8 use 55 lbs, minutes 9-10 use 65 lbs.  Complete all work at the top of each minute and rest during the time left in that minute.

WOD:

10 toes to bar
20 thrusters (65 lbs)
20 butterfly sit-ups
20 hang power cleans (65 lbs)
40 overhead walking lunges (25 lbs)
20 hang power cleans (65 lbs)
20 butterfly sit-ups
20 thruster (65 lbs)
10 toes to bar

No comments:

Post a Comment