Saturday, May 27, 2017

Template Day

Today, I finally dragged my lazy butt to the gym!  Woo!  I decided to finish out this cycle of my templates today.  The cycles that I do are 5 weeks, but week 5 is a "deload" week, which means the weights are much lighter.  Today, I finished the last day of week 4, so I should be deloading after this.  However, since I have taken too long to complete this cycle and I took a lot of days off this week, I'm just going to move on to the next cycle.  Tomorrow, I will be doing my 10 rep maxes for the next cycle and starting the cycle on Monday.

Today was a lot of upper body work, which I have come to really enjoy.  Upper body is definitely my weakness.  I am FAR stronger in my lower body.  When I did CrossFit, I didn't really try to strengthen my upper body that much.  Obviously, I'd do WODs with upper body movements, but I didn't do anything on my own time to get better, which I really regret.  The great thing about these templates is that they force me to work on my upper body strength and I've really seen a huge change. I was definitely weak in my lats and shoulders.  I had so much trouble with lat raises (even with 5 lbs!) in the beginning.  Today, I did 10 lbs and felt really strong with the movement.  Grow, little baby lats, grow!!

Warm up:

500 m row (2:00 pace)
10 m inch worm forward/backward with 10 sec hold in plank

Lifting:

Vertical pull: Parallel pull ups 3x9
Horizontal pull: Underhand EZ row (50 lbs) 3x17
Rear/medial delt: DB side lateral raise (10 lb DBs) 3x11
Bicep: DB twist curl (15 lb DBs) 2x15
Vertical push: Seated barbell shoulder press (50 lbs) 3x11
Quads: Barbell walking lunge (55 lbs) 3x20
Hamstrings: 45 degree back raise (20 lb) 3x12
Abs: Hanging leg raise 4x7

No comments:

Post a Comment