Saturday, June 3, 2017

Back to the gym!

I decided to go to the gym today and do whatever my body was comfortable with.  I needed to finish my 10 rep maxes, which were mostly upper body anyway.  Anything that was lower body I either didn't do my maxes for or just didn't do the movement at all.  I decided to add some pause back squats to my warm up to open up my hips.  Also, they are one of my favorite movements ever!  Basically, it's a back squat, but you descend slowly (like a 2-3 count to the hole) and then hold it in the hole for a few seconds (I usually do anywhere from 3-10 seconds, depending on the weight) before coming back up at normal speed.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!  They are a great movement to open up your hips and make sure your form is right the whole time.

Anyway, here's what I ended up doing/10 rep maxing out at today.  Tomorrow, I will be doing a WOD-style gym workout:

Warm up-

500 m row
10 m forward/backward inch worm with 10 sec hold in plank
5x5 pause back squats at ascending weights (I did 65, 95, 115, 115, 115)

10 rep maxes (weight at which I could do 10 reps)-

Barbell face pull = 30 lbs
Assisted underhand pull ups = 13 on assist (70 lbs) <--- NOTE: this makes me so mad, but it's a side effect of my spinal cord injury last year.  I lost SO much strength in my arms. :(
Slant board sit up = 35 lbs
2-arm DB row = 30 lb DBs
Cable face pull = 60 lbs
DB hammer curl = 20 lb DBs
Seated DB shoulder press = 25 lb DBs
Barbell walking lunge (20 total lunges) = 55 lbs
Seated leg curl = 70 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment