Friday, June 9, 2017

Back to Lifting!

I have this BEAUTIFUL Friday off again.  While it was still nice and cool in the morning, I decided to go to the gym and see how my hips would fare if I tried lifting heavy again.  I warmed up with the sumo deadlifts, since I think that's what bothered it last time.  I figured if it didn't feel right, I'd do a rowing/upper body workout instead.  Luckily, it felt pretty good.  I moved slower than usual through the reps and made sure my form was reallyyyy on point.  And now, here I sit on my back deck, soaking in the sun and warm weather, pain free! :)

This is week 1, day 1 of my second set of templates.  I'm using the 10 rep maxes that I found 2 weeks ago to figure out my weights.  Here's what I did:

Sumo deadlift 3 x 12 (115 lbs)
Leg press 3 x 12 (160 lbs)
DB walking lunge 2 x 22 (11 per leg) with 30 lbs DBs
High bar good mornings 3 x 15 (55 lbs)
Standing DB shoulder press 3 x 12 (20 lb DBs)
Parallel pulldowns 3 x 12 (70 lbs)
DB upright row 3 x 12 (20 lb DBs)
V-up 4 x 12 (20 lb DB)

No comments:

Post a Comment