Tuesday, June 20, 2017

This Eggo is Officially Preggo Again!

Wooooo!  The relief I feel is AMAZING!

I went and got my blood work done on Saturday and yesterday (Monday).  They called me last night with my Saturday results: hCG- 325 and progesterone- 20.4!  I was happy with those numbers, especially the progesterone because I have no idea what my levels were in my last pregnancy/miscarriage.  I've realized, with miscarriage, there's always a little devil on your shoulder.  "Was your progesterone level too low last time?  Did your low thyroid levels cause your miscarriage?  Did you work out too hard?  Did you drink too much caffeine?"  It's a LOT.

Anyway, the happiness I felt from the results was pretty momentary before the devil started talking to me again.  "Are your levels going to double like they should?  What if they don't?  You should prepare yourself for another miscarriage."  I've been worrying all day.  Finally, I got the call I was waiting for- my hCG more than doubled and was 812!!  When I got off the phone, I broke down and I cried in my kitchen.  No joke.

Bonus!  I think since the doctor could hear the fear in my voice (and since I was spotting last week), I get to go for my first "dating scan" in a week.  Thankfully, the spotting seems to have resolved itself.  I am hoping it was just a delayed showing of implantation bleeding, as it happened around the time my period should have started.

So, given all of this good news, I decided to resume my workouts today.  Here's what I did today:

30 kettlebell swings (35 lb) <-- go up/down in weight as needed
2 min bike (medium resistance) <-- could substitute with 2 min row or run as well!
30 hand release push ups
2 min bike
30 shoulder to overhead with kettlebell (35 lbs)
2 min bike
30 hand release push ups
2 min bike
30 kettlebell swings

I finished in 18:32!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment