Monday, June 26, 2017

One More Day!

Tomorrow is the big day!  Our first ultrasound!  I will be 5 weeks, 6 days.  I know it's early and that we probably won't see much.  I don't really expect to see a heartbeat because I know that usually happens in week 6.  All I can do is hope that baby is where it's supposed to be and is measuring correctly.

I don't feel as nervous as I thought I would feel, which is nice.  After my miscarriage, I really struggled with whether or not I would be ready to try again after my first cycle.  One day, my husband and I had a frank discussion and I told him how I was feeling.  I was worried that my miscarriage would make me worry about every little thing.  If we didn't get pregnant the first month, would I feel like something was wrong with me?  If and when I did get pregnant again, would I be able to enjoy it?  Would I just feel like I was just constantly waiting for bad news again?  It was the first time I really said it out loud.  I was scared.  After we talked, I had a revelation of sorts.  When will I ever feel ready?  The truth is, I don't think I would have ever felt like I was ready.  My insecurities and worries are always going to be there.  My innocence was robbed.  I know what it feels like to lose a baby.  But.. I also know I survived it and that was important to remember, too.  So, we tried again as soon as we could and here we are today. :)

In other news, I have been feeling super nauseous at least once a day since I hit 5 weeks.  As I write this, my stomach is a burny, unhappy mess.  If nausea is any indication of a happy, healthy baby though, I'm more than willing to deal with the nausea every day.

As far as working out, I managed a 2.5 mile walk today around our lake.  If I can get my butt in gear by the end of the day, I also plan on doing the following:

10 rounds-

10 burpees
10 butterfly sit ups

Updates to come, tomorrow after my ultrasound!

No comments:

Post a Comment