Thursday, June 8, 2017

Thursday 21-15-9

Today, I wanted to be out of breath and sweaty, but without taking up a whole chunk of my night.  Sooo I came up with this little guy.

In CrossFit, we do a lot of 21-15-9 rep schemes.  Basically, it means that you finish 21 of each movement, then do 15 of each, then 9 of each, and you're done.  It's a nice workout because you know you're going down in reps each round.  However, sometimes, coaches get a little diabolical and make you go back up in reps.  That's what I decided to do to myself tonight because.. it's fun to torture yourself, you know?

As I've said before, I only have kettlebells at my house, so I have to get crafty with my workouts.  If you don't have a kettlebell, you can use a DB (or heavy purse, bag of rocks, or whatever you have that's decently heavy and can swing) in terms of a KB swing.  I didn't have a box to do step-ups on, so I used my coffee table (NOTE: I tested the stability of the table before I started.  Be careful whatever you use isn't going to flip over when you put your weight on it).  You could also use your couch or something similarly sturdy/tall (my table was about 20" tall, I'd say).

Anyway, without further ado:

21-15-9-15-21

Burpees
KB swings (35 lbs)
Alternating single leg box step-ups <--- alternating meaning I did left, right, left, etc. and started each round with the opposite foot

No comments:

Post a Comment